EVENT 1: BURPEE BROAD JUMP
Competitors must wait for line judge to blow the whistle to begin the race. If a competitor false starts they are instantly DQ'd and receive penalty points for an event scratch. The competitor must start behind the line. No part of the competitor's body can be touching the line. Competitor can be elect to start in ready position or in bottom position with their belly on the floor. The competitors can not move once the line judge says "set." Competitors can break the plain with any part of their body across the finish line. Subsequent teammates cannot begin to race until the previous teammate's body is completely across the finish line, failure to follow will lead to being DQ'd. Burpees will be to Spartan Race standards, there must be completely chest contact with the floor, failure to do do will lead to being DQ'd. No extra steps will be allowed between burpees and broad jumps, you will be DQ'd instantaneously if caught doing so.
BURPEE BROAD JUMP FORM TIPS:
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and hinge the hips so that you can put your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor, a few inches in front of your feet.
- From here, kick both of your feet back so that you’re in a plank position (you don’t need to hold the plank, move through it as quickly as possible)
- Lower your chest to the floor while keeping your elbows tucked to your torso
- Once your chest touches the floor, push your torso upwards, back into the plank position, then jump your feet forward to just behind your hands
- From this crouched position, jump forward with both feet at the same time, landing with them, once again, shoulder-width apart. Make sure to swing your arms forward as you jump to cover more ground.